The Simple Mobile Detection plugin can be very useful. As the name suggests, it detects if a user is using a mobile device and if so, this will be shown in the ‘User State’. In this article, I am going to go over how you can install the Simple Mobile Detection within Joomla.
- Download Simple Mobile Detection for Joomla.
- Login as an administrator to Joomla and go to menu Extensions -> Extension Manager, and install the plugin. If you don’t know how to this, read this article:
- Now that you installed the plugin, you have to enable it. To do this, go to Plugin Manager always on Extensions Menu, search and select the plugin and click the enable button:
- In the administration section of the plugin, this plugin allows you to set what kind of action we want to perform as the user device:
- These are the specific options to configure: Content switch, iPad options, iPhone options, iPod options, Android options and Detection system.
- And that’s it! This tool is very useful to make your website works properly from any mobile device.
This concludes Simple Mobile Detection in Joomla.