A French project which has a future!
Great to know, but what is it exactly?
Silex is a software, used to produce flash websites directly in the browser.
It is free, open-source, seo friendly and can be used to publish multimedia content on the web very quickly.
Who can use it?
As Silex doesn’t require any technical knowledge the answer is: everybody!
– designers can quickly create the template they need
– editors can easily update the content
– developers can add endless functionalities with the plugins API
– everybody can easily use the available templates and adapt it to their needs
What are Silex’s specificities?
- Silex is free and open source
Yeah That means you can use it without any moderation.
- It is supported by Silex Labs non profit organization and by an active community
- It uses a WYSIWYG system
What You See Is What You Get…
So if you use software such as Illustrator for example, you won’t be lost at all.
- Lots of templates and plugins are available for free on the Silex Labs exchange platform
Cool! You won’t suffer from the blank page nightmare. You have the possibility to use ready templates and adapt it to your needs. Also, you will be able to enhance your publications easily with lots of great plugins (image gallery, Google maps, deezer playlist, etc…)
- Easy to install online with Arvixe
Easy as pie! Just order your Silex web hosting and that’s all
- Can be used directly in the browser
Interesting! That means you can work on your website from anywhere and see directly the online result. And, above all, it works with all operating system
- SEO friendly
What good news! Even if you create flash websites, you can offer it a good visibility on the web. How? Very simple: Silex integrates enabled deeplinking, tags and key words system, html description for your medias… You will be impressed.
Try it now by testing the different demos on Silex’s website!