In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to share and display Google Maps in elgg
A new user tendency is to share its location or at least publish the places visited on a map. This new way of interaction is fun, and more and more users are demanding ways to either share or pin the locations he has been. Elgg is not staying behind, and it already has to share or pin user’s location, thanks to Google Maps, a free service that you can use to search places or simply know where you are.
1. Download Easy Google Maps
2. Upload & Install the plugin. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. With your Administrator account, log into your elgg network. Go to the Admin Dashboard and then go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Find the “Easy Google Maps” plugin and activate it:
5. Now, let’s try it! I’m gonna share my location in a blog post. I opened Google Maps, which already has my location. Then I just grabbed the code to embed my location and pasted it using “Easy Maps”. Easy Maps will create a nice ‘short code’ that will publish the map:
This concludes Share Google Maps in elgg