On a previous article I discussed how to properly configure the database connection string after deploying the application. However this way required to edit the web.config and sometimes users had issues with the code and couldn’t get their application working. There’s an easy way to do this without modifying the web.config. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to set up the connection string with IIS Manager
1. Open IIS Manager and connect to your site:
2. Once connected, click on Connection Strings:
3. Click on Add to configure a new connection string:
4. First, add the connection string name. Make sure it is the same connection string that you use in your ASP application. Then add the server’s name and also the name of the database:
6. Enter the username and password of the database that your application will be using and click ok:
7. Check that the information is correct and click on ‘Ok‘:
8. And that’s it! Your Connection String has been configured!
Looking for quality Asp HostingArvixe Web Hosting!