Depending on the purpose behind your ocPortal website, it may be you will want to generate revenue from your site. This could be just enough to cover running costs in which case Arvixe hosting should help with the fantastic pricing structure. It may be that you want to generate even more money than just covering costs. One way you could do this is by setting up classified ads on your site.
The classified ads addon works by allowing you to set costs for someone to be able to add an advert within one of your catalogues. By using ocPortal’s catalogues it completely allows you to tailor the adverts you want to sell. For example a site selling cars will want to have a completely different structure to one selling furniture or services. The benefit of different catalogues is you can have multiple sections dedicated to different types of ads. Once you have set up the catalogues you need to install the classified ads addon.
Installing the classified ads addon in ocPortal
To install this addon
- Log in to your adminzone
- Navigate to the structure and then addons section of the Adminzone
- Scroll down to and click import non bundled addons
- On the next screen select the download check box an expand the New Features addons section of the tree
- Select Classified Ads and click the Import Non-Bundled addons button
- The next screen will show you which files will be update as the addon is installed. It is important you check this list carefully if you have changed any templates on your site or any of the other coding. There should only be around 5 or 6 files for this addon
- Once you are happy click proceed which is found in the bottom right
Now the addon is installed you will need to set up the pricing to advertise on your site. Now the addon is up and running this is very simple to do. Navigate to the classified pricing options which can be found in the set up section of your adminzone.
For each pricing option you need to set 4 different elements. You need to choose:
- The catalogue you want to add the pricing for
- The number of days the ad will run for
- The title for the pricing option
- The cost of buying the ad
Now your users should have the option to buy ads in your catalogues.