Likes in elgg are a good way to engage your users in your elgg network. Another way to make your network more interactive is through ratings. Ratings lets users vote about any type of content such as videos, pictures, etc. For that reason in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add ratings in elgg 1.8
1. Elgg doesn’t have this functionality, so start by downloading the plugin “Ajax 5 star rating for Elgg 1.8“, here.
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Once you unzip the plugin, sign in to your Elgg network as an Administrator, and click on the Administration link located in the top bar menu to go to the Admin Dashboard:
4. On the Admin Dashboard sidebar menu, go to menu “Configure > Plugins”:
5. Search for the plugin Rate and activate it:
6. Upon activation, content will now display ratings that any user can assign:
7. Once a rating has been given, it will appear either as 3, 4 or 5 stars, depending on other users’ rating:
This concludes Ratings in elgg 1.8