Polls are a good way to make your Elgg network more interactive because it lets users show their opinion on a certain topic. In this article, I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to add polls in Elgg.
Polls provide valuable user feedback, and also offers an opportunity for greater interaction within your site. One of the things that can make any site popular is having the ability to ask others their opinion on any given topic. When you provide the ability for creating polls to any user of your network, you effectively gain more positive brand awareness and also get valuable information and feedback from your users.
Benefits of Using Polls
- Polling provides several positive benefits, such as:
- Connect with your Customers
- Precious User Data
- Better SEO positioning
- Better user engagement with your network
- Increase search engine traffic
1. Download Poll for elgg.
Note: Select the release compatible with your Elgg network.
2. Upload & Install the plugin. If you do not know how to do this, please read this article.
3. Log into your site with the Administrator account, and open the Admin Dashboard.
4. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
5. Find the “Poll” plugin. Activate it:
6. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Poll” to change the plugin’s default settings:
7. To fully unleash the power of the Poll Plugin, set the following settings to “Yes”:
- Enable polls for site
- Enable polls for groups
- Close date required
Also, to improve the polling experience, set “Is it allowed to change your vote?” to “No“.
8. To access the Poll Feature, return to the main site and go to navigation menu “More -> Polls“:
9. Click on the “Add new poll” button:
10. When you create a new poll, you need to enter a title, a description and the answers that a user can select to respond to this poll. Optionally, you can set to show the results either with a pie chart or a bar chart:
11. And that’s it! You just created a new poll!