HypePlaces allows you to create places through a friendly interface. In this article I will explain how to use hypePlace for create places in Elgg sites.
HypePlaces provides a user friendly interface for adding and interacting with places within an elgg network with your friends and colleagues. You can show the places you have been without hassles on your profile and dashboard.
1. Download hypePlaces for Elgg 1.8
2. Upload and install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do it, please read this article
3. Sign into elgg as an Administrator. Go to the Administration Dashboard, and then go to menu “Configure -> Plugins” to activate the plugin uploaded:
4. To create a places, go back to your main site. Then go to header menu “More -> Places”:
5. Click on “Add place”:
6. Now, you need to add places that users can select to check-in. Enter the data in the form. You can add title, address, picture, description, etc:
7. Save your place, and that’s it! You and your users can check-in in a new place!
This concludes Places for elgg