Registering Internationalized Domains is available for those that would like to use special characters in their domain names, which is primarily used for foreign languages.
For example: elseñor.com
This cannot be accomplished by simply copying and pasting the domain, as shown above, into the Domain Search box at Arvixe.com. You will first need to convert the domain name into Punycode. Punycode is an encoding syntax by which a Unicode (UTF-8) string of characters can be translated into the basic ASCII-characters permitted in network host names.
To register an Internationalized Domain, please follow the step-by-step instructions below:
1. Navigate to http://charset.org/punycode.php.
On this website you are given more information about Punycode, as well as two generators. We will be using one of these to convert our domain name (elseñor.com) to Punycode.
2. Enter the domain name (example: elseñor.com) into the box located under Convert Unicode to Punycode and vice versa. Then click Normal text to Punycode.
3. You will see the output located at the top of the screen, under Conversion Results.
4. Navigate to Arvixe.com and locate Domain Search. The Conversion Results, from above, are what you will enter into this box.
5. Continue through the registration process, your domain will be registered as desired, with the special characters.
That’s it! This process will allow you to register Internationalized Domains. If you have any questions, please let us know by calling us at 1-888-927-8493, emailing support [at] arvixe [dot] com or contacting us via Live Chat.