In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to set, increase or decrease session timeout for your ASP Application.
1. To set the session timeout for your application we will use the timeout attribute. The timeout attribute indicates the time (minutes) that the user will stay logged in into your application. To set the time, we will edit the web.config file your application.
2. Open web.config and look for this tag:
3. Now, we are going to add the timeout parameter. We will set it for 600 minutes: Learn More
Tags: application, ASP, decrease, dot, how to, increase, net, programming, session, timeout, windows
Posted under ASP .NET 3.5, DotNet/Windows Hosting
Hello and welcome! In today’s blog I’ll show you how to modify the default Dolphin 7.1 membership levels or create custom membership levels for your Dolphin 7.1 website. Dolphin comes with three default membership levels, they are:
Non-member – This level is self explanatory. It is anyone who hasn’t joined the site.
Standard – This is the basic level for anyone who signs up.
Promotion – This is a special membership you can use if you plan on adding paid membership types. If you enable it when a new member joins they are added to this type by default and allowed to explore the site for 7 days. At the end of the 7 days they are automatically changed to a standard member.
Today we’re going to create a new membership type called “Super Member”. We could say it’s for VIP members or paying members. First let’s log in to our Dolphin admin and go to “Membership Levels” under the “settings” heading on the left sidebar. Learn More
The Groups plugin is a nice elgg feature that comes with elgg by default. However there has been a need of having groups inside of the groups (sub groups) to make the groups plugin behave like a forum. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to create sub groups in elgg 1.8
1. Download the community plugin “AU Subgroups for Elgg 1.8”
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article
3. Login on your Elgg network as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard: Learn More