On a live website for a departmental unit at my work, we’ve undergone some changes to the website wherein the major options a Course can be associated need to be changed. Typically the Majors on the site were a single Taxonomy Tree in Drupal and it was available as a field between Courses and Alunni and Faculty. But, once I altered the values of the Majors to the current offerings this quarter — we collectively noticed that Alumni wanted to be referenced by any valid major ever used in the system, not simply the newest majors.
So I wanted to make this available to Alumni by copying all the current values of Majors to a new field for Alumni and a special Vocabulary, which will then be expanded to include all possible majors ever. To do this I used Views Bulk Operations and Rules as detailed below. Learn More