Having a fast website is imperative nowadays. Lazy Hover for Elgg will give a boost to your website performance. It will help reduce the load time on your website without much hassle. In this article I am going to show you how to optimize your elgg network with Lazy Hover
1. Download Lazy Hover for Elgg 1.8
2. Install the plugin in the mod folder of your Elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Sign into your Elgg network as an Administrator and on the top bar, click on the Administration link:
4. Go to menu “Configure > Plugins”:
5. Search for “Lazy Hover 0.1.1” click and activate it.
Upon installation, it will stop preloading user drop down menus. By doing this, rendering of pages will be faster. The main issue is when you have a lot of activity within your network. Each activity has the avatar of the user that created the content, and the avatar contains a lot of elements. With Lazy hover, the menus will be loaded only if you click on them. Test this on different browsers to check how optimized is your website.
This concludes Optimizing elgg with Lazy Hover
This concludes Elgg Simple and System Cache