GalliCache is an elgg plugin, which caches your site’s public pages and serve your users with these cached pages. By using this plugin you can avoid plenty of DB queries, page creation time. This allows increasing the speed on your website Elgg and decreasing the server load. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to optimize your elgg network with gallicache.
1. First, download the Community plugin galliCache for elgg 1.8 here
2. Now, upload the plugin to the mod folder for installation. If you don’t know how to do that, read this
3. Log into elgg as an Administrator. Open the Administration Dashboard and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins”:
4. Search for galliCache 1.1 plugin and click on activate:
5. To set, click on “Configure-> Settings-> galliChe“, and will have this:
You can edit: Cache validity seconds and Contexts on which no caching should be applied.
6. That’s it, with this tool will place elgg higher throughput. To see the work that makes this plugin, you can inspect the elements from your browser, and thus see the speed at which you load your site elements:
Server performance has been an issue that our users reported weeks ago with elgg. Gallicache will help your elgg network to gain a little speed and to decrease load on our servers. Not only that, later on I will be writing more articles about optimizing elgg and decrease even more the database queries for certain elgg pages.
This concludes Optimizing elgg with gallicache