1. Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, and connect to your database:
Note: If you don’t know how to connect to your databases with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, please watch this video.
2. In the object explorer, select your database and right click on it. Then go to menu “Tasks -> Shrink -> Database”:
3. Now, on the Shrink Database window, click Ok to shrink it:
4. Wait for the process to finish. It can take a while, depending on the size of the database:
5. And that’s it! The database has been optimized!
This concludes Optimize SQL databases with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio