nopCommerce Tips: Adding a Custom Label or Title
Written by Carole Bennett Wednesday, 17 October 2012
When customizing a nopCommerce installation, it may be necessary to add a custom field or title; in order to ensure that you can support that custom field in more than one language, it’s a good idea to add it to your language resources. Here’s how to do that.
1. Log into nopCommerce as an admin, and navigate to the Administration area
2. Click on “Configuration”=>”Languages”, and next to your preferred language (in this case, “English”), click “View String Resources”.
3. Click the “Add New Record” button on the left; enter a value for the resource name, and the title of the link you’re creating as a value.
4. Click “Save”
5. Wherever you’re going to use this new label, open the file, and insert the label using this format: @T(“[yourStringResourceName]“)
6. Save, clear cache, and re-start your application.
7. You should see your new custom label where you inserted the line above. This is a handy way to insert titles, labels, or any other text string that may need to be supported in other languages, or updated by site admins via the Administration section.