MyBB is a leading free forum software which powers thousands and thousands of online communities including some of the most popular forums on the internet. Though for someone with less experience it is common to have support queries about how to install such applications. With Arvixe every cPanel hosting account can automatically install MyBB though the Softaculous application in your cPanel control panel.
To install MyBB via Softaculous:
- Login your website control panel (http://www.yoursite.com/cpanel or server-hostname/cpanel)
- Scroll down to the category Software/Services and click the “Softaculous” icon
- Look for the “Forums” category (located on the left sidebar) and expand this category
- Click on the “MyBB” link and click on the blue “Install” button located at the top navigation of the MyBB page
- Complete the form to install MyBB:
-> Choose Protocol: If you have SSL enabled on your domain choose HTTPS:// otherwise go with HTTP://
-> Choose Domain: Choose the domain which you would like the MyBB forum installed on (At Arvixe you are able to host multiple domain names under a single control panel)
-> In directory: This is where you would like MyBB to be located (so if you want it at site.com/mybb you would enter mybb, if you wanted MyBB installed in the root leave this field blank)
-> Database Name: This is primarily for you to reference to, to make it easier I recommend simply setting this to the same as your directory so if you install MyBB in the /mybb directory set your database to mybb)The other fields should be self-explanatory, so once you have filled them in click “Install”
You should now have a confirmation message stating your MyBB has been installed, you can login your admin portal at: http://yoursite.com/mybb-directory/admin using the login details you set during the installation process.