One of the questions I see asked quite frequently on the mojoPortal forums is “How do I use a different layout on the home page?” The best solution is to create two variants of your custom skin; one that’s meant to be the site-wide default, and one conforming to your exact specifications for the home page. The way to implement this:
1) Create your primary and secondary level skins.
2) Add them both to your /Data/Sites/[your site id]/Skins/ folder
3) Log into your mojoPortal instance as an administrator.
4) Click on “Administration” on the grey admin bar at the bottom of the page.
5) Click on “Site Settings”
6) On the second dropdown, select the skin that you intend to be your default skin for the site.
7) Scroll down, and check the box next to “Allow Setting Skin for Page”
8 ) Click “Save” at the bottom of the page
9) Navigate to your home page, and click “Page Settings” on the grey bar at the bottom of the page
10) Locate the dropdown next to “Skin”, and select the skin you’ve created for your home page.
11) Click “Save”, and you’re done!