mojoPortal Tips: Sending Newsletters to Your Subscribers, Part 2
Written by Carole Bennett Tuesday, 27 March 2012
In Part 1, we left off with creating a newsletter instance, and adding the Newsletter Subscription feature to your website. We will pick up from there, with the assumption that you already have some subscribers, because you have introduced it with a compelling description and made it easy for them to subscribe.
- Log into your mojoPortal instance as an administrator
- Click “Administration” on the grey admin bar at the bottom of your screen
- Click the “Newsletter Administration” link
Now you will remember this section from Part 1, but you may also notice something different – beside the newsletter instance you have created, you will see a count of how many subscribers you now have. If you click on the link listing the number of subscribers, you will see a detailed list of your newsletter subscribers, with name, e-mail address, date of subscription, and whether or not the subscriber’s verified.
- To get back to your newsletter administration, just click the “Newsletter Administration” link in the breadcrumb at the top of the page. Now we will go over creating a newsletter and sending it out to your customers.
- Click “View/Edit Drafts” next to your newsletter; on the next page, you will see a link for “New Letter” – click this link. For this exercise, we will just use one of the default templates provided with mojoPortal.
- Select one of the templates from the dropdown labeled “Html Templates”, and click the button “Load HTML Template”
- From here, you will replace the “dummy” content of the newsletter template with your own content, as appropriate.
- To test how the newsletter will look to your recipients, enter your e-mail address in the field to the right of “Send Preview” – you can do this as many times as you like, until you are satisfied with how it will look to your users.
- Once you are finished, click “Save”, then click “Send to Subscribers” – you will see a progress marker showing how quickly the newsletter is being sent to your recipients. Once the mailing is complete, you will see a confirmation message.