Quite often, there is information on a website that’s to be included on every page. It’s a tedious and time-consuming process to manually add that content to a new instance on each page, and have to keep up with updates on every single page. Thankfully, mojoPortal has ways to streamline the process, and free up your time so that you can focus on more important tasks.
The easiest way to add content to multiple pages is to use the recently introduced “Is Global?” attribute under the Security tab for all standard mojoPortal modules. Here are the steps for a new instance:
1) Log into your mojoPortal instance as an administrator.
2) Navigate to a page that’s to include your multi-page content instance.
3) Click “Edit this Page” on the grey administration bar at the bottom of the page.
4) Choose a content module – for this exercise, let’s work with the Html Content module, and add it to a pane on the page.
5) Highlight your new instance, and click the wrench icon at the side of the pane.
6) Click on the “Security” tab, and check the “Is Global?” box
7) Click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
Now, go to another page that’s also to include the same content, and click “Edit this Page” again. Notice the “Add Existing Content” link next to the pane location drop-down? Click on that link, and look at the items listed in the pop-up that displays.
You should see the content instance you just created in steps 1-7; click the “Select” button, and you’ll see it added to your pane on the current page. You can move it about without affecting the layout on other pages, but the content itself will stay the same.
Using this technique, you can add standardized content such as contact information, ads or other re-usable content on as many pages as required, no limit.