mojoPortal is a great CMS (content management system), but explaining to your users/customers why it’s a good solution can be a bit frustrating. Until they actually understand how each of these features will benefit them, you may experience pushback when it comes to presenting something new, and a bit more complicated than what they’re used to.
Here are a few reasons you can share with your users that will help them understand the benefits of using mojoPortal as a solution:
1) mojoPortal isn’t just a CMS – it’s an open-source platform that can be extended to meet the needs of your users. If your users have a specific need for functionality that isn’t available “out of the box”, mojoPortal’s extensive open-source framework is easy to add functionality to. For developers, there’s an extensive video tutorial section that will guide you through best practices in creating a custom feature; in addition, there’s a great group of developers who’re willing to help answer questions so that you can provide a top-notch solution for your users.
2) With an extensive array of built-in features, version control, and workflow options, mojoPortal offers features found in far more expensive applications, absolutely free of charge. Additional premium features are available at reasonable rates, and support is provided in a timely and personalized manner.
3) The ability to control their own content. If your users can write an e-mail, they have the skills to update their own content, freeing your users to focus on their content, and you as a technology professional to focus on more challenging technology – it’s a win-win!
4) Built-in blog and forum features – this will allow your users to avoid having to use third-party sites like Blogspot, dispersing their original content away from their core website. These features are designed to encourage site traffic and user interaction, which improves your client’s opportunities to convert first-time visitors into frequently returning visitors, gaining greater visibility for their website.
5) Being able to update your website’s look and feel without having to re-write or replace content – priceless!