MojoPortal is an ASP.NET based Content Management System (CMS) used to create not only blogs, but also full-fledged content sites. It is completely open source and the source code is available free of cost for developers to enable them to easily customize their sites. Moreover, the CMS itself ships with plenty of templates with which the appearance of sites can be changed from within the administrator dashboard.
In order to install MojoPortal, you need access to a Windows server with ASP.NET 4. It can be installed either manually or via Web App Gallery from with WebsitePanel control panel provided by Arvixe. The manual installation involves the following steps
- Downloading MojoPortal package
- Modifying user.config file with database parameters
- Uploading the files (via FTP or WebsitePanel File Manager)
- Finishing installation
If you are a beginner then I would suggest you to make use of the Web App Gallery available within WebsitePanel, which would take only less than five minutes for the entire installation process to get complete.
In this article, I will discuss the steps required to install MojoPortal from within WebsitePanel via Web App Gallery.
(1) Login to WebsitePanel
(2) Select Web App Gallery Icon located inside Hosting Spaces panel.
(3) You can also select Web App Gallery link by clicking the relevant package name.
(4) Select CMS option from the drop down list. Scroll down and navigate to second page. You will find MojoPortal on the bottom of the page
(5) You will view the following page upon selecting MojoPortal option
(6) Select Next and choose the domain where the CMS should be installed. You should also select the database and provide database name, database user and its corresponding password. You can either create a new database directly from the wizard or select an already created database.
(7) Finally select the Install button to complete the process. The wizard will automatically download MojoPortal and installs it properly with the required database parameters.
You will view the following screen soon after the successful completion of MojoPortal installation
(8) As a final step, you should navigate to the URL and complete the follow up steps which will be automatically initiated by MojoPortal. Once it is complete, you can browse your site and login to administrator dashboard to add and update content.