Modifying a domain’s Name Servers

In this article I will show you how you can update the nameservers of your domain name. (With Arvixe web hosting you get free domain names for life!) This can be achieved directly within the client area so there is no need for any interaction with our support team.

1. Visit the client area located at http://customers.arvixe.com/clientarea.php – Once on this page, log in with your email address and passwordcanvas
  2. Once you have successfully logged in, you would need to click ‘My Domains’ which you can find on the left sidebar under the ‘Quick Links’canvas2
  3. You should now see a list of all your domain names that you have registered through us.Simply find the domain name you would like to update the nameservers for and click on the drop down icon next to the spanner then click ‘Manage Nameservers’.canvas3
  4. Click ‘Use custom nameservers (enter below)’ and then insert your nameservers into the relevant fields. Once complete, click ‘Change Nameservers’.canvas4

That’s it! You should all be good to go J. If you have any issues when updating your nameservers, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team (support@arvixe.com

) as we’ll be more than happy to help.

Tags: , , , , | Posted under Domain Names, Using Arvixe | RSS 2.0

15 Comments on Modifying a domain’s Name Servers

1. Satish Sharma says:

Has the author of this blog tried to EVER read it?

The screens are UNREDABLE .. please .. if you want to help .. help but confuse your customers.
    And I believe this screen is most likely OBSOLETE.

• mike.hoffman says:

Satish,

You are correct. This post is 18+ months old, and we have in fact updated this functionality. The text provided should be good enough directions to find the page, but for the sake of customers who may not be english speaking, I will update the images to be larger. You can check back on this post now and let me know if it looks good for you.

Thanks for your feedback,

Mike

2. I did not registert my domain http://www.cuentanos.eu on arvixe, cause it already existed. my registrar for my domain http://www.cuentanos.eu changed the DNS, like told in your welcome message. I transferred all my files to /publich_html and I created the new databases and imported my database sql-backups successfully … but there is still the screen ” This domain is beeing hosted on Arvixe. This site is currently under construction…. ”

What do I have to do, to make my site work again?
    THanks

3. … I transferred all my files to /public_html…..

4. I really need a domain point server to forward my new domain to arvixe

5. I’m not getting anywhere with the chat help, so I’ll try here: I have a domain, then build a subdomain to design a better site without tampering with the published domain till I was ready to make the switch (as instructed to do my someone on the help phone line). Now, I have a subdomain that I want to make into my domain, and I’m a LOST LUDDITE, and chat help keeps telling to me do stuff as if I should know what they’re talking about, or tell me to contact my webmaster. My what? Just me here, no IT, and no clue.

6. sanu dutta says:

The content looks outdated, author needs to update it asap!

• Alex says:

Hello,

The procedure is pretty much the same just with 1 less click (into the domain management interface). I will have this article scheduled for an update though.

Thanks,

Alex.

7. hello
    i bought a vps fromm microsoft azure, but i have only 1 ip,
    i want set ip
    but i can not set ip to my domain.

• Alex says:

Hello,

I am not sure what you’re trying to achieve here. Can you please create a ticket with our support department (support @ arvixe.com) elaborating on the issue you’re experiencing?

Thanks,

Alex.

8. Mathew says:

I want to change my current domain obispay.com to afyalab.com whats the process. please help

• Alex says:

Hello,

It’ll be very easy to change this, you just need to reach out to support [at] arvixe.com mentioning the fact that you would like to replace the main domain with the new domain along with the last 4 characters of your billing area password.

Our team will take it from there :).

9. Eric S says:

how do I find out my name servers so I can change them with godaddy so the change is complete?