You can backup your Elgg installation with Softaculous or cPanel. However, what if you have someone that handles the administration of Elgg and you don’t want to give him access to your cPanel? In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to manage backups with Elgg.
Backups are extremely important. Every website must keep a monthly backup, and have it available at any time. Accidents can happen, and if you are not prepared, your work could get lost.
1. Download Backup Tool Plugin for elgg 1.9
2. Sign into elgg with the Administrator Account. Open the Admin Dashboard. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
3. Look for the backup tool in the plugin’s page and activate it:
4. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Backup Tool“. Enter the backup directory path and the name for the backup:
5. After configuring the plugin, go to menu “Administer -> Backups -> Latest Backups“:
6. Click on “Create new Backup”
7. Select what you want to backup, and click on “Create” to start the backup process:
8. And that’s it! The backup was created!
This concludes Managing Backups in elgg 1.9