Manage Your Database with SSMS 2012

In order to manage sql databases on ASP servers, first we will need to install SQL Management studio.

1) Download the correct version:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 6.06.03 PM

Select either x86 for 32 bit systems:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 6.06.48 PM

Or x64 for 64 bit computers

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 6.06.26 PM

2) After your download, run the package:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 6.18.47 PM

Accept terms & next:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 6.18.54 PM

Include product updates if you wish (you can update later), wait, and next:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 6.19.14 PM

Wait for the scan, and install:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 6.21.21 PM

Make sure that at the very least, the 2 checkboxes are checked, next:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 6.25.50 PM

Wait for the install, and next:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 6.28.29 PM

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 8.11.39 PM

3) Open Sql Server Management Studio 2012, enter your server name, database name, select SQL server authentication, enter the username and password, and click Connect:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 8.12.57 PM

4) Expand the server, then expand databases:

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 8.18.21 PM

5) Expand your database and manage!

Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 8.18.10 PM

Looking for quality web hosting? Look no further than Arvixe Web Hosting!

Tags: , , , , , | Posted under 3rd Party Software, ASP .NET 2, ASP .NET 4.0, DotNet/Windows Hosting, DotNetPanel Administration, MSSQL, Operating Systems, Programming/Coding, Using Arvixe, Web Deploy, Windows 7, Windows Server Admin | RSS 2.0

21 Comments on Manage Your Database with SSMS 2012

1. HELLO:

2. Andrew says:

Is there a way after you connect through SQL Management Studio to only view the Databases that are you are the owner of?

3. louise says:

Hi how to view my SQL Database after I uploaded it?

4. Jordan says:

How Do I find out if I have a “shared server”, “dedicated server” or “VPS”. I was directed here after adding a database and a user to that database then clicking “Browse Database”. I have a Visual Studio Project that I made using LightSwich in Visual Studio. I know it has to be installed to an instance of a server. I would like to setup a link between my login page and this project either hosted here or through Windows Azure. Do you have information on code for that? I want to demonstrate my project through users having access to it.

• Noah S says:

Hi Jordan, Unfortunately that type of coding would be something you would want to talk with a developer about. The easiest way to tell what type of hosting you have is to ask your host. Usually VPS/Dedicated plans are named as such.

5. Kalyan says:

Hi there,

I receiving the following error while i create table on SQL Server 2012.

“The target database schema could not be retrieved. The reverse engineering operation cannot continue because you do not have View Any Definition permission on the server ‘’.”

Please help to check.

6. KK says:

How can I restore a MS SQL 2012 Database? I have a Personal Class ASP Plan.

7. John Walborn says:

So is it possible to browse my databases using SSMS if I have a shared hosting account? If so, what name do I use for the server / instance name? I’m not seeing this question addressed above.

• Noah S says:

Hi John, yes you can. The server name can be found in your sign-up information e-mail and it is in your billing panel under hosting accounts-

8. Please disregard my previous email. I have gained access to my Database.
    I have a different question:
    Where do I find the list of our Sales Accounts? I cannot locate the list of users, I need to update it.
    Please help,

• Noah S says:

Hi Gordon, Do you mean inside the database? That would be something you check with the developer of your script or whoever set up your database.

9. Joe Thayer says:

I have created the database but I see nothing that tells me what my server name URL would be.

• Noah S says:

Hi Joe, The server name can be found in your sign-up information e-mail and it is also in your billing panel under hosting accounts-

10. Roy Z says:

What is the server name and where do I find it?

11. dev says:

how can i view and install mssql server on arvix..