Alfresco administrator can manage users and groups in Alfresco using given interface. Here we will see how admin can manage user groups in Alfresco using that given interface.
Open group management page
- Login as Admin
- Click on Admin Tools from header.
- From Admin tools page click on Groups from right side bottom.
- It will open up Group management tool as shown below.
Create new Group
- From Group management tool click on Browse button.
- It will open up a page where you could see existing groups which are available out of box.
- Now click on “+” button available on top of that list.
- It will open up page where you could feed in details related to new Group.
- Click on “Create Group” if you only want to create one group
- Click on “Create and Create Another” in case you need to create one more groups.
- You could see your new groups added in list of groups.
Add new user to Group
- To add new user to group select group in which you want to add user.
- It will open up one more panel nearby which list down users from that group.I have selected our new group which is empty right now.
- As you could see there are three buttons available on second panel. They are as follow.
- New Sub Group: Enables creation on sub group within selected group.
- Add Group: Enables adding existing group as sub group to selected group.
- Add User: Enables adding of user to selected group.
- I have clicked on Add User.
- It open up popup as shown where you could search user which you want to add to group.
- Then click on add button to add that user to group.
- You will be able to see new user added in that group.
This is the brief details about Group management for Administrators.Most of things are obvious but still this will make it more easier for new users.