MIME types are a standard form of classifying file types or extension on the internet. These are very useful because it helps identify the data stored on a file. In a previous article, we talked about how to manage MIME types on your ASP/Windows account using WebsitePanel. In this article I am going to give you a step by step guide on how to manage MIME types using IIS 7 Manager.
1. Connect to your website using IIS 7 Manager. You need to enable remote management via WebsitePanel before using IIS Manager. If you don’t know how to connect to your site with IIS Manager, please read this article.
2. Once connected, in the IIS 7 Manager, click on MIME Types to manage the file extensions:
3. To add a new MIME type, go to menu “Actions -> Add…” :
4. Type the file extension, the mime type and click ok:
5. To edit a mime type, select one and the go to menu “Actions -> Edit“:
6. To remove one, just select a MIME Type and go to menu “Actions -> Delete“:
To see a full list of MIME Types, click here.
This concludes Manage MIME Types with IIS 7 Manager