If you create a site with high quality content then you should know how good it is for others. The content may look good for your eyes but it may be bad for others. Hence it is essential to provide a mechanism that enable your users to rate the content.
With WordPress, you can integrate rating through plugins very easily. There are plenty of plugins available on the Plugin directory of the official WordPress site. However, you should choose a plugin which is simple to use and doesn’t consume much resources.
(1) Download kk Star Ratings
(2) You can either install the plugin manually or directly from the admin dashboard. For the purpose of this article, I will install from the WordPress admin panel
(3) Login to admin dashboard, select Plugins option from the left side navigation panel and select Add New option
(4) Search using the keyword – kk Star Ratings
(5) You will view the details of the plugin
(6) Select Install Now option and click OK to proceed
(7) A confirmation page will be displayed as shown below
(8) Click Activate Plugin option to enable the plugin. You will be able to find a new option named – kk Star Ratings on the left side navigation panel of the WordPress dashboard.
(9) The Settings page enable you to activate/deactivate the plugin, set placement options, positioning, exclude categories and other related options
(10) With the help of Stars page, you can set number of stars, width and height of stars
(11) By default, you need not have to perform any work. The rating stars will appear automatically inside each blog post of the site as shown below. It will not appear on the home page unless you specify them accordingly.
(12) The plugin will display a message “Thank you for your vote” after users cast their vote.
As you can see rating plugin is an excellent way to gather user input using which you can improve the quality of the content to a great extent.