Linkedin is one of the most popular corporate network on the Internet. Many websites are starting to use Linkedin API to authenticate any user that want to use their services. In this article I will show you how to integrate Linkedin with elgg 1.8
1. Download LinkedIn Login for Elgg 1.8
2. Install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, read this article.
3. Once you unzip the plugin, sign in to your Elgg network as an Administrator.
4. On the Admin Dashboard sidebar menu, go to menu “Configure -> Plugins”, search for the plugin Linkedln Login 1.04 and activate it:
6. To configure the plugin, go to “Configure-> Settings-> LinkedIn Login“:
7. In the Linkedin for elgg configuration panel, enter the API key and secret key. You can get it for free at http://developer.linkedin.com
8. Save the new settings and now you can authenticate users in your elgg installation using LinkedIn API: