BlogEngine.NET is one of the popular blogging software used by majority of .NET developers for creation of their blogs. It works by saving content such as posts and pages as an XML file. However, content can also be saved inside databases by making a modification inside web.config file.
Follow the steps given below to install BlogEngine.NET
(1) Click Download button located on the top right hand side of BlogEngine.NET. You will be redirected to http://blogengine.codeplex.com/releases/view/105425 where you can see the current version of BlogEngine.
(2) Select BlogEngine.NET 2.8 (web) link to download the latest package in ZIP format
(3) Extract the contents of the ZIP file and upload its contents inside BlogEngine.NET directory.
(4) WebsitePanel control panel provided by Arvixe provides an easy way to upload the file. You have to ZIP the folder – BlogEngine.NET (you can rename the folder if you prefer) and upload the ZIP file to the root directory of your site. After that you can extract the contents of the file by selecting UNZIP from the file manager toolbar.
(5) You can also upload the ZIP file using FileZilla and extract it by following the procedure mentioned in the above step.
(6) After uploading the files, navigate to your site.
(7) If you get an ASP.NET error you need to login to WebsitePanel and change the ASP.NET version to 4.0 (Web Sites | Select a Domain | Extensions tab)
(8) You will view the following page as soon as you navigate to the site.
If you can see the above displayed home page it means that you have successfully installed BlogEngine.NET.
Looking for quality Windows HostingArvixe Web Hosting!