1. Download Tinymce_Pro for elgg 1.8
2. Install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg network. Sign into your elgg site with the Administrator account and go to the Administration Dashboard.
3. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins”:
5. Activate Tinymce Pro:
6. Now, Tinymce will have all the editing options available for your users:
7. Not only that, you will also have the ability to upload and embed images:
The image upload/embed feature is located in the fourth row. It is the first button:
8. And that’s it! Text editor has been improved!
Tinymce Pro was extended by me. I used JustBoil.Me plugin to add the ability to upload and images, a feature that was missing for a long time in elgg. I will keep this plugin in constant maintenance and I will also make it compatible with elgg 1.9
This concludes Improving Elgg Text Editor