Applied on: Linux Hosting Accounts
The Image Scaler allows you to change the size of any image on your website. cPanel can resize a single image with the Image Scaler. The Image Scaler operates by allowing you to specify percentages to scale the image up or down.
How to Rescale an Image:
- Navigate to the directory containing the image you wish to rescale.
- Click on the image, in blue, that you wish to resize.
- Click Scale Images to finish the process.
- You may use the New Dimensions text boxes to define, in pixels, how the image should be resized.
- You may use the Percent text boxes to define the percentage by which the image should be resized.
- You may click Reset Dimensions to return the Scale Percent values to the default.
- We recommend that you keep the Keep Aspect Ratio checked when scaling images to prevent the image from becoming distorted by keeping the height and width proportional.
- You may click the Retain a copy of the old image checkbox to store a copy of the original image in the directory you specify in the field below.
- Click the link to view the rescaled image.
This concludes how to use the Image Scaler in cPanel.