Tidypics is a popular image gallery plugin for elgg. It lets users share images across elgg. However it lacks a lot of key features and needs redesign. HypeGallery offers functionality and also a good design. In this article I will review HypeGallery for elgg 1.8
Over the past few months, elgg users have been wanting a better way for sharing pictures. Other social networks applied a different layout and structure for picture uploading, viewing and sharing. Elgg was stuck with Tidypics, which is still good and robust but lacks the outstanding design that you can find in other scripts. HypeGallery is a community plugin, made from scratch, with a lot of features and better design that improves the look and feel of elgg.
1. Download HypeGallery Plugin for elgg 1.8
2. Upload and install HypeGallery to the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Sign into elgg as an Administrator. Open the Administration Dashboard, go to menu “Configure -> Plugins” and activate the HypeGallery Plugin. After that, go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> HypeGallery“:
4. In the HypeGallery settings page, you can change the settings according to your needs. HypeGallery offers a wide variety of options, and privacy options. Even more than Tidypics:
5. HypeGallery offers a complete redesign of elgg’s image sharing capabilities:
This concludes HypeGallery for Elgg