If you need to have forms on your website, the easiest way is to use UserDefinedForms. In this tutorial, I tell you how to install the Userdefinedforms module and how to config it.
- Download the Userforms from github – here
- Unpack and rename the folder to ‘userforms’
- Upload the ‘userforms’ folder to your website root folder
- Use www.yoursitename.com/dev/build?flush=1 to rebuild the database.
- Go to cms and add a page using page-type ‘User Defined Form’
- Go to the ‘form’ tab to insert the fields you want to use on your form.
- In the ‘Options’ tab, you can rename the submit button and add a clear button.
- Next, in the ‘Email Recipient’ tab, you can add the sender/receiver information.
- In next tab, ‘On Completion,’ you can add the lines the form shows after the submission.
- In the last tab, ‘Submissions,’ you can see the latest submissions or you can disable saving submissions to server.
Now config lines you need for spamprotection field:
- To install spamprotection fields you need to download two sets of files: 1. Mathspamprotection – here 2. Spamprotection itself – here
- Upload the content of both packages to your website root using names ‘mathspamprotection’ and ‘spamprotection’.
- Open mysite/_config.php and add the line:
- Save _config.php and use ww.mysitename.com/dev/build?flush=1 to rebuild the database.
- Now you can add Spam protection field under the ‘Form’ tab