How to use Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 Manager to connect remotely to your website
Written by Shai Ben-Naphtali Monday, 16 November 2009
- Download IIS Manager for Remote Administration
- How to install Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 Manager
Arvixe offers Remote IIS Management with all ASP/ASP.NET packages. To make a remote IIS Management username, use the “Management” tab in your control panel. The tab is located under the website properties of the website you wish to manage.
Now follow these steps to make the connection from your PC
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 Manager
- Click on Connect to site… (picture 1)
- Enter the Server name (you can use your domain name or the server’s alternate address or even the shared IP of the server)(picture 2) and click Next.
- Now put in the User name and Password as we provided them to you for this (picture 3) and click Next.
- A popup will appear about the Server Certificate Alert. Click on Connect to continue.
- Now give the connection a name (picture 5) and click Next.
- That’s it, you’re now connected! (picture 6)