If you still do not know what Deep Zoom is, it’s time to learn about it! 🙂
Deep Zoom provides the ability to interactively view high-resolution images. You can zoom in and out of images rapidly without affecting the performance of your application. Deep Zoom enables smooth loading and panning by serving up multi-resolution images and using spring animations.
A Deep Zoom image is composed of tiles of JPEG or PNG images at different resolutions that make up an image pyramid. The best way to create Deep Zoom images is to use a tool like Deep Zoom Composer
[silverlight: http://blog.arvixe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/BlogArvixeCom.UserNT.DeepZoom.xap, 640, 480]
In this example I used five pictures in high resolutions. I made the following:
1. Download and install Deep Zoom Composer
2. Start Deep Zoom Composer and create a new project
3. In the Import workspace, click Add image and add my images to the project
4. Click the Compose workspace
5. On the Images tab, drag the images onto the artboard
6. Set images Size and Location
7. Click the Export workspace
8. In the Output type section, select Silverlight Deep Zoom
9. In the Image settings section, select Export as a composition (single image)
10. Click the Export button to export the Deep Zoom image files
Please download Source Code to see, what you need to do to make your application at least as living as my application.