Today we will show you how to upload your database to your hosting account with us. This includes four steps:
Step 1: create a new database and db username on your hosting account.
Step 2: take a backup of your local database.
Step 3: restore the backup of your local DB into your newly created DB from Step 1.
Step 4: the connection string
Step 1: Create a new database and db username on your hosting account
– Log into your control panel.
– Click on SQL Server 2012
– Click on Create Database
– Type the database name and click on Save
– Now to create the db username, Click on SQL Server 2012 then click on Create user.
– Type the db username, password and password confirmation then set the “Default database” to the one you have already created and check the database name as well. Click on Save.
– Done, now the database and database user are created on your hosting. Let’s go to Step 2.
Step 2: Take a backup of your local database
This step is to be done on your local machine.
– Using SQL Server Management Studio. Click the server name to expand the server tree Then expand Databases. Right-click the database, point to Tasks, and then click Back Up.
– Most of things should be set by default. You can change the location of the database .bak file if you want by removing the current location and then click on Add to add a new location. You will be asked to enter the backup file name as well (ex: testing.bak).
– Now you have your database .bak file. To Step 3.
Step 3: Restore the backup of your local DB into your newly created DB
– First you will need to upload your .bak file to your hosting account. To do this, you can use your control panel’s File Manager http://blog.arvixe.com/how-to-use-file-manager-in-websitepanel/ or using FTP http://blog.arvixe.com/ftp-basics/ .
– Now go back to SQL Server 2012 on your control panel and then click on the database you have created.
– Click on Maintenance Tools then click on Restore
– Done. Now your database is restored. For the connection string, check Step 4
Step 4: The connection string
Now everything is ready and set, you just need to configure your connection string. You will need to use the database name, username and password you have created in Step 1. To configure your connection string, please check https://support.arvixe.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/51/8/do-you-have-a-connection-string-i-can-use-to-connect-to-the-local-mssql-database .
You are ready to go online.
Looking for quality web hosting? Look no further than Arvixe Web Hosting!