How to Stop Spammers on Your Contact Form in Joomla 2.5
Written by Milton Parada Sunday, 27 January 2013
This article is about how to stop spam in your Joomla 2.5 site, this problem is common when we have a contact form, using the plugin “EasyCalcCheck PLUS” we will have a tool to stop spammers.
The plugin protects Joomla! core forms and 3rd party extensions through internal checks and the integration of anti-spam services (reCaptcha, Akismet, Honeypot Project, StopForumSpam, Mollom, Bot-Trap, Botscout).
- Download the plugin from joomla.org, here.
- Login to your site as an administrator, and then install the plugin. If you don’t know, can read this article.
- After installation, the next step is to activate the plugin.
- To configure, “Extensions -> Plug-in Manager”, and edit the plugin:
- That’s it, we have something like that in our contact form:
This concludes How to stop spammers on your contact form in Joomla 2.5