Have you ever wanted to have internet in a PC that doesn’t have a wireless card, or maybe even play with your Xbox online, but the modem’s too far? Well, with this tutorial, you will learn how to share a computers wireless connection via Ethernet.
Difficulty level: Easy
1. In Ubuntu, look for the connections icon at the top right of your desktop. Click on it.
2. Go to Edit Connections.
3. In the ‘wired’ tab, select the first connection, and click to edit it.
4. Go to the IPv4 Settings tab.
5. In the drop down, select Share to other computers.
6. Make sure at the bottom, the check box to share to all users is checked.
7. Save & close.
~You will probably need to reboot your system.
8. Connect one end of your Ethernet cable to your computer’s Ethernet port, and connect the other end to whichever device you wish to share the connection to, it can be a PC, an Xbox, or whichever thing you can think of.
That’s it! If you get any problems, please let me know and I’d be more than glad to assist you. I personally, use this for a video gaming console, and it works like a charm.
Looking for quality Linux Web Hosting? Try out Arvixe web hosting and you won’t be disappointed.