This feature in cPanel is now deprecated. This means that it is now obsolete.
This article will give you a step by step guide on how to setup BoxTrapper for any of your e-mail accounts using cPanel. Sign into your cPanel.
Go to Mail and click BoxTrapper
Find the account that you want to setup BoxTrapper for and click Manage
1) Click Enable
2) You will then get a confirmation page that BoxTrapper has been enabled for that account. Click Go Back.
Changing Your Settings
1) Click Configure Settings
2) Enter your email address (it should already be entered)
3) Enter your name
4) Set the number of days you to keep logs and messages in queue
5) Check the box if you want to enable automatic white-listing
6) Click Save
7) You will then get a confirmation that your changes to your settings have been saved. Click Go Back to BoxTrapper Configuration
Edit Outgoing Message
1) Click Edit Confirmation Messages
There will be a preset message that will be sent out to addresses to verify, return verify, verify release and inform that they are blacklisted.
2) To edit the message, click Edit on the corresponding message
3) Edit your message
4) Click Save
5) You will then get a confirmation that your changes have been saved. Click Go Back
Edit White/Black/Ignore List
The white list, black list and ignore list are all edited in the same way.
The white list is a list of content that will be allowed into your inbox after confirmation.
The blacklist is a list of content you do not wish to receive in email. The sender of blacklisted content will also receive a warning message of your choice.
The ignore list is a list of users or subjects whose email you do not wish to receive.
1) Click Edit White/Black/Ignore Lists
2) Depending on the list you would like to edit, click the corresponding one. For this example, we will edit the White List
3) Enter the e-mail addresses you want in the list. The list should contain one entry per line. Each entry should be formatted as a Perl regular expression. For example: email@example.com would be john\@example\.com and all addresses at example.com would be .+\@example\.com
4) Click Save
5) You will then get a confirmation that your changes have been saved. Click Go back
Edit Forward List
Your forward list is a list of email addresses to which whitelisted and verified mail should be sent, in addition to the address BoxTrapper is protecting.
1) Click Forward List
2) Enter the e-mail addrresses you want the e-mails from your account to be forwarded to
3) Click Save
4) You will then get a confirmation that your changes have been saved. Click Go Back
Check Review Log
Your review log is an overview of all messages sent to your email accounts, displayed by day.
1) Click Review Log
2) You logs will then be shown
3) Click Go Back
Here you can view any BoxTrapper mail waiting for verification.
1) Click Review Queue
2) At this page, you can review your messages, delete messages, search for messages and view messages by day.
3) Click Go Back to BoxTrapper Configuration
This concludes how to setup BoxTrapper for any of your e-mail accounts using cPanel