Sometimes you are doing changes to elgg, and you don’t want to give people access to it until your elgg site is ready for use. For that reason, in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to make your elgg network under maintenance.
1. First, you must download the plugin Offline+ Website for elgg 1.8 here
2. Upload the plugin to the mod folder for installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article
3. Sign into elgg as an Administrator. Go to the Administration Dashboard, then go to right sidebar menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Search for Offline+ Website plugin and click on activate:
5. After activating the plugin, go to right sidebar menu “Settings -> Offline Plugin for elgg 1.8” to change the offline message that you want to display to visitors and also to set your elgg network offline:
6. After setting the plugin, if you enabled the ‘offline’ mode, your network will look like this (otherwise it will be normal):
This concludes How to set your elgg network under maintenance