Today we are going to talk about an awesome default feature in Xenforo. The Trophies. These allow you to setup a way for your member’s to have some kind of incentive to continue to post on your forums. So let’s get right down to the basic nitty gritty of it all.
First of all go ahead and log into your Admin Panel. After you do this Click Users and you will be taken to the following page:
So go ahead and click Trophies and you will be taken to the following page:
So this looks like a lot of work but it really isn’t let’s take a look at some basic editing of these Trophies. Go ahead and click the first one titled “First message” and it will take you to the following screen:
So we have some options and three tabs in total.
In the Trophy options we have the following editable options:
- Title: This is the title of the trophy that you are creating.
- Trophy Points: This allows you to assign how many points a user is awarded per Trophy.
- Description: This is the description of the Trophy you are awarding users.
Moving on to the Next section at the top which is Award This Trophy If… Click that and the following editable regions are:
- Privileges and Status: This allows you to change the status and privileges regarding the actual trophy.
- User Groups: This allows you to select who can be awarded the Trophies.
- Content and Achievements: This allows you to define how the user is awarded the Trophy. IE: Number of posts to achieve it.
- user Profile and Options: This allows you to select gender, browser style etc.
- Specific Users: This allows you to specify certain criteria such as user name contains etc.
- Today is Users Birthday: This allows you to award the trophy based on their birthday.
The final category is Custom User Field Criteria. Click it and the following editable regions exist:
- You can specify AIM, ICQ, Skype etc specific criteria to be met if the user is to be awarded this. The default for this is nothing checked.
After you are all done go ahead and click Save Trophy and you will be taken to the following screen:
I hope this helps you out! Again as always if you have any questions please feel free to ask away!
Looking for quality web hosting? Look no further than Arvixe Web Hosting!