How to Set Up Garbage Collector in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Friday, 17 February 2012
Garbage Collector performs cleaning duties in the database of your Elgg site. It is important to have enabled to keep our servers clean and fast. In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to enable the plugin Garbage collector in Elgg 1.8:
1. First, go to your Elgg site and login as an Administrator
2. On the topbar menu, click on the link that says Administration:
3. On the Administration dashboard, in right sidebar menu, click on Plugins:
4. On the plugins page, look for the plugin Garbage Collector plugin 1.5 .This plugin comes by default within Elgg, without downloading it. Activate it.
5. After activating the plugin, click on “settings” to configure it:
6. On the settings page, you can set Garbage Collector to run once a week, a month or a year. We recommend setting it once a month:
7. That’s it! Now garbage collector is enabled and properly running.
If you experience problems with this tool, ask here for support. This now concludes How to set up Garbage Collector in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.