In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to set up default profiles for all your users in Elgg 1.8. Sign into you Elgg site as an Administrator and follow these steps:
1. Once logged in, go to the Administration Dashboard and on the right sidebar menu go to “Administer->Configure->Appearance->Default Widgets“
2. On the Default Widgets screen, you can add, remove, position, and configure default widgets for the selected widget page and that will be applied to all of your users. Take note that these changes will only affect new users on the site.
Now, let’s get started. Click on “Add widgets” to select which widgets do you want to display by default:
3. Click on that button to display all the widgets available in your Elgg installation:
4. Then click on the widgets that you wish to add in the profile page of your new users. You can change position of the widgets only by clicking and dragging as show in the image below:
5. After you are finish setting up the default widgets, click on Save. And that’s it! Default Widgets for all users are now enabled!
This now conclude how to set default profile widgets for all users in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.