Having an asp app available in multiple languages is very good to reach a good audience. However you might want to set a default language so that it can be changed later by visitors. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on How to Set default language in web.config.
1. Open the web.config file of your application.
2. To set a default language, we will make use of the web forms globalization. Inside the <system.web> tag, add the <globalization/> tag:
3. Then inside the same <globalization/> tag, add the file, request and response encoding. In this example we will use ‘utf-8′ for all:
Note: For more information on encoding types, please go here
4. Finally, add the culture values. Again, such values must go inside the <globalization/> tag:
Note: For more information on culture values, please read this article
5. Save the changes and that’s it! Default language has been set.
This concludes How to set Default Language in Web.config