This article gives a step by step guide on how to set character limits for files and blog titles in Elgg. When it comes to styling your Elgg site, long file or blog titles do not look good. That is why it is necessary to add some type of character limitation to titles. Connect to your website with an FTP Manager and follow these steps:
1) First, go to YourElggFolder/views/default/input and open the file text.php
2) Inside that file look for this line of code:
3) For the purpose of this guide, I will add a character limit of 20. On that line after input type=”text” add this: maxlength=”20″
4) Save your changes. After saving, run Upgrade.php (www.YourWebsiteName.com/upgrade.php)
5) And you are done. Now users will be able to have titles within a limit of 20 characters.
This now concludes how to set character limits for files and blog titles in Elgg.