How to Reset your Dolphin 7 Admin Password Using Your cPanel
Written by Arian Jahansouz Thursday, 24 June 2010
This article will give you a step by step guide on how to reset your Dolphin 7 admin password through your cPanel. This guide should ONLY be used if you do not remember the email you used to create your Dolphin account! If you do remember the email you used to create your account, click HERE for a guide on how to reset your password through Dolphin.
1) Sign into your cPanel.
2) Scroll down to “Databases” and click “phpMyAdmin”
3) Select your Dolphin account from the left side of the screen
4) Click “Browse” under Action for the Profiles table
5) Here, you can see the email you used to set up your Dolphin account
* If you would like to change your email, continue to step 6. If you want to keep the email and reset your password, skip to step 9.
6) Click Edit
7) Under “Value” in the “Email” column, you can set your new email
*Note: Do NOT change any other information in this area! Changing any other information may get you permanently locked out of your account. Only change your email here!
8 ) Scroll down and click “Go”
9) Go to your default Dolphin page and click “Login”
10) Click “Forgot password?”
11) Enter the email you used to create your account. Then enter the captcha that is given. Click “Retrieve my information”
12) Go to your email and locate the email from My Dolphin
13) Click the link given to login
14) Use the new password to log into your account. Click “Login”
15) Click “Edit profile info”
16) Under “General Info”, enter your new password into the “Change Password” and “Confirm password” boxes
17) Scroll down and click “Save”
This concludes how to reset your Dolphin 7 admin password through your cPanel.