Joomla used to give you a ‘forgot password’ feature in case you forget it. However, newer versions of Joomla will not give you that feature. For that reason in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to reset your administrator password in Joomla.
1. Log into your hosting Control Panel and go to File Manager:
3. Add this line to the bottom of the list, as shown in the image and save the file:
Note: ‘myname’ has to be replaced with an existing username of your Joomla site.
4. Log into Joomla and change the password of the administrator user you don’t have the password for. In the Admin Dashboard, click on User Manager:
5. Select the admin user and click on ‘Edit’:
6. Type a new password and after you’re done changing the password, click on ‘Save’:
And that’s it! You just changed the Administrator password!