How to Recover your Elgg Site If You Accidentally Activated SSL Login
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Tuesday, 24 May 2011
In this article I will show you how to recover your Elgg site if you accidentaly activated SSL Login in the Admin Panel.
If you activate SSL Login in your elgg site without having the ssl certificates, it will make your site unaccessible:
To fix this problem, login to your Cpanel and follow this steps:
1) Look for PhpMyAdmin and click on it:
2) Once you click there, look for your site name and the database that your site uses and click on the database name:
3) Now, this will show you all the tables in the database. In here, select the table elgg_config by clicking on it:
4) Inside the elgg_config table look for the row that says https_login. Select it and delete that row:
5) Click on accept to delete that row. And that’s it, now you will be able to login to your elgg site again.
If you would like to have SSL Login in your Elgg site, you will need to have SSL Certificates installed in your account. You can get SSL certificates fromArvixe. Prices are $25.95/year, and require a dedicated IP address ($2.00/month).
This concludes How to recover your Elgg site if you Accidentaly Activated SSL Login
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions please visit Arvixe-Elgg Hosting