This article will give you a step by step guide on how to publish the site that you made using KompoZer.
You have just finished making your site using the easy web authorizing program KompoZer. You have also set up your web hosting account at Arvixe. Now you want to know how to publish your finished site to your hosting account. Open KompoZer, your file and follow these steps:
1) Click Publish
If you have published the document before, KompoZer will remember the settings and automatically start publishing the file. If you have not published the document before, move on to step 2.
2) Enter the site name into the Site Name box. The site name specifies the nickname you want to use for this publishing site. Enter a short name that will help you identify this publishing site.
3) Enter the HTTP address of your homepage into the Web Site Information box. The address should look like http://www.yourdomain.com
4) Enter your publishing address into the Publishing address box. If your website is propagating, your publishing address will look like this: ftp://ftp.yourdomain.com/public_html. If your website is finished with propagation, your publishing address will look like this: ftp://yourserver.arvixe.com/public_html.
5) Enter your FTP user name into the User name box
6) Enter your FTP password into the Password box
7) Check the Save Password box for KompoZer to save your password. This will encrypt and save your password securely using Password Manager so that you don’t have to enter it each time you publish pages at this site.
8 ) Click Publish
9) You will then get a confirmation once your file is being upload and once it is successfully uploaded
This concludes how to publish the site that you made using KompoZer.