How to Place a Custom Favicon in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Wednesday, 18 January 2012
In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to put a custom favicon in Elgg 1.8. A favicon is a 16×16 pixels icon that it is displayed on the web browser. We will customize your favicon with a plugin. To install the plugin, follow these steps:
1. First, we are going to download Favicon for 1.8.
2. Once downloaded, install the plugin in your Elgg site. If you don’t know how to install a plugin, please read this article that explains how to do it.
3. Now, login on your Elgg network as an Admin. Go to the plugins section look for the plugin and activate it:
4. Now that the plugin is active, we are going to upload our custom favicon. In the plugins section, go to the right sidebar menu. There, on the Configure section of that menu, click on Appearance. A sub menu will show up. There click on Favicon to upload your favicon:
5. Now you will be taken to the upload section of that plugin. Remember, that the file extension of the favicon is .ico:
6. If the upload was successful, you will receive a green confirmation message. If not, you will get a red confirmation message. If you get the red one, please check the file extension of the favicon:
And that’s it! You have successfully changed your favicon.
This plugin is easy to use and does not have any conflict with any other plugin. . If you experience problems with this tool, ask here for support.
This now concludes How to place a Custom favicon in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.